The First Muddy Rudder Page

Monday, February 26, 2007

Charity Gig 3/3 -- Sorta Muddy Rudder and more


Yes, the flyer is my "Sally Struthers" attempt to make you give some to charity. These are actually some of the kids at the orphanage in El Salvador where my friends Liz & Erick go to help. I doubt that I'd ever use my vacation time to do volunteer work -- but I'd help them raise money for supplies, etc.

So we're having a last-minute rock-athon to see what we can do. It turns out that Efrain can't make it on Saturday, but Erick is going to join Derek and I on drums. (That's where *Thuddy* Rudder comes from. Well, Stewart & I thought it was funny...)

We'll probably play one longish set around 7:30. I wouldn't expect to hear any new songs from us, but they may sound different... The Big John will hit the stage around 9-ish.

The Big John is actually Erick, his former bandmate Jamil, and I. (The name is honor of the USS John F. Kennedy, which will be in Boston for the last time this weekend.) We've practiced a couple times, and we're planning on doing 2 sets. It doesn't sound too bad.

On whole, the entertainment isn't worth $10, but the money goes to help the kids, so you’re improving your karma simply by showing up... I know the raffles include a Coco Crisp autographed baseball as well some gift certificates and other stuff... I'm told the drink special will be called 'The Big John'...

Nothing spectacular, but it should be a fun time. Come on down to the Black Horse Tavern, if you don't have anything else to do.

~r

http://www.durgin-park.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home